Hello & Welcome! My name is Rachel Wright and I’m a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist.
I work with motivated adults who seek greater satisfaction with the relationships in their life. My goal is to help individuals + couples heal wounds from their past. By doing this, you can gain clarity, peace & acceptance of your present – to feel optimistic about your future. I am currently dually licensed in California and Colorado for psychotherapy and see coaching clients all over the globe.
I received my Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology – with an emphasis in Marriage & Family Therapy – from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology. In addition to holding my therapy license, I am also a certified relationship coach. Being a coach, I’m able to help, educate and support couples and individuals all over the world. Not everyone or every couple needs therapy! You can read more about that here!
As a psychotherapist, I embrace the following philosophies:
- First, I believe that therapy is about you
- Second, I believe that therapy begins with compassion and understanding
- Third, I believe in harnessing your natural strengths to promote insight, intuition, and change
- Fourth, I believe that a therapeutic relationship is interactive & collaborative
- Fifth, I believe that you deserve unconditional support and love
- Sixth, I believe that you can feel pain without suffering
- Seventh, I believe that our thoughts lead us to our feelings and those feelings lead to our behaviors
- Eighth, I believe that both therapy and coaching work best when both of us are invested in your healing and growth.
- Ninth, I believe that my job as your partner in wellness is to gently challenge you to try different ways of thinking and behaving so that you can feel better. Your job is to do your “homework” between sessions.
- And finally, I believe that change is possible when you put your relationship ahead of your ego.
If you’d like to read more about my theoretical orientations aka, how I DO psychotherapy – you can read this page I wrote here. If you’re interested in coaching, online group programs, or education — check out Wright Wellness Center‘s home.
Please explore the rest of my website and let me know if you have any questions about my training, our work together, etc.
HELPFUL HINT: Check out the FAQ Page. It’s a compilation of so many questions I’ve been asked over the years.
I am also the co-host of a weekly podcast on iTunes, The Wright Wellness Center Podcast, all about the things that matter most – sex, relationships, mental health – you name it, we’re bringing it up!
Rachel Wright is on a mission to help people have better relationships, sex, and mental health. A passionate licensed marriage and family therapist, therapeutic coach™, sex educator, speaker, and writer, she is the co-founder of Wright Wellness Center, where she is helping people with some of the most sensitive parts of life. Together with her team, she is bridging the gap between a self-help book and a therapist’s couch with a growing catalog of masterclasses, online programs, resources and a supportive online community. Rachel is the co-host of the Wright Wellness Center Podcast. She has been featured widely in the media, including Women’s Health, Psychology Today, MindBodyGreen, Bustle, and dozens of podcast appearances.